What I have realized by shooting this #weekend10 project is that there are some truths about my life.
1. My weekends are pretty regular (read: boring). And if I showed you piles of laundry or more tomatoes, I may actually lose you as readers. All 3 of you.
2. It's harder than it sounds to shoot on the weekends. Because often I am already shooting for work and then I want to divorce myself from the camera. Completely. For 2 days. But then I remember all 3 of you, and feel committed to making the magic.
3. I travel more than I thought I did. Yet somehow I don't feel like I travel at all.
4. I love food. And I love to photograph the stories around food (hence all the tomato photos.)
5. I love to garden and photograph the stories around gardening (hence all the tomato photos...plus I finally got it right this year! Props to my awesome raised bed builder, Paul.)
6. Lots of people fill the interwebs with crap that is irrelevant. I am now one of those people.
7. I really love my kid. I take lots of photos of him. And I post a lot of them. Forgive me.
8. I really also love my pets. I also post a lot of photos of them. Forgive me.
9. Photography makes me happy. When I look back on everything, I love all the photos that are weaving together to tell the Story of Me. I hope the 3 of you like it too.
What about you? What did you get up to last weekend?
What you don't see: Harry Potter Marathon (whoop whoop! - I have an unhealthy love for the Harry Potter movies). Summer storms. Bill paying. Laundry. Cleaning. All the babies I got to play with (!). And yummy food!